Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted for ZWT 2006. Recipe comes from Justine Wilson's Homegrown Louisiana Cooking.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- In a blender, add each ingredient in the order listed.
- Blend on medium speed until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Will keep well for several weeks in the refrigerator.
I wasn't impressed when I dipped my finger in, but it was a perfect dressing when added to salad.<br/><br/>After making it two or three times, I have to upgrade to 5 stars... my husband LOVES this dressing. Mixing it with the greens directly and adding salt and pepper to taste really makes it a standout dressing. Thanks a bunch! Will keep this in my fridge all the time. : )
This is a very nice dressing that is easy to make. I'm sure I'll be using this recipe often. Thank you for posting it.
Excellent salad dressing.......extremelly addictive!Loved the sesame kick!