Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I've made this banana bread recipe for years! I hope you love it too! It's moist and good the next day or right out of the oven. It never lasts a full day in my house.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup mashed banana (3 medium)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl sift or stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center.
- In another bowl mix egg, bananas, sugar, and canola oil by hand until combined. Add to the dry mixture and stir just until moist.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into greased 8x4x2 loaf pan. Bake 50 minutes (until a wooden toothpick comes out clean near the center).
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack then remove from pan. Serve warm if desired. Recommended to cool completely, wrap and store overnight before cutting but sometimes you just can’t wait! :).