My mother used to make endive salad (witlof salade) in different ways; I thought I share them with you. She used to use mayonnaise but I usually use the sour cream. I would think you can use your own favorite dressing on this but I would suggest you make it a creamy one. Use as much dressing on this as you like, the 3 tablespoons are just a guide line. I sometimes cheat and buy the beets in a jar! The amount of this salad depends on the size of the endive and the beets.
- Mix the sour cream with the mustard and add salt and pepper.
- Combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Variations: use (as many as you like) chopped hard-boiled eggs instead of the beets, then leave out the mustard and use some curry powder in the sour cream.
- Add some chopped green onion.
- Use 4-6 oz cubed or chopped cheese of your choice instead of the beets.