1/1 Photo of Belgian Endive and Beetroot Salad
My mother used to make endive salad (witlof salade) in different ways; I thought I share them with you. She used to use mayonnaise but I usually use the sour cream. I would think you can use your own favorite dressing on this but I would suggest you make it a creamy one. Use as much dressing on this as you like, the 3 tablespoons are just a guide line. I sometimes cheat and buy the beets in a jar! The amount of this salad depends on the size of the endive and the beets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the sour cream with the mustard and add salt and pepper.
- 2Combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- 3Variations: use (as many as you like) chopped hard-boiled eggs instead of the beets, then leave out the mustard and use some curry powder in the sour cream.
- 4Add some chopped green onion.
- 5Use 4-6 oz cubed or chopped cheese of your choice instead of the beets.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Belgian Endive and Beetroot Salad
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.6
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 94.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g