Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fast and easy donut-nuggets. I make these for my kids instead of taking them to the donut shop on Saturdays. They are so good for that quick fix. My great grandmother used lard and her homemade biscuit dough to make these. I have heard of cotton oil being used also.
- 2 (24 ounce) bottles canola oil or 2 (24 ounce) bottles vegetable oil or 2 (24 ounce) bottles safflower oil, for frying
- 2 (10 count) packages refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
powdered sugar mixture
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
for chocolate ganache
- 6 ounces miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add the oil and bring to 375 degrees
- When the oil has reached temperature, remove biscuits from package cut each in half then roll into a ball. Carefully add dough to pot, frying in batches. Fry until golden brown. Remove beignets to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Put powedered sugar mix in a paper bag, put in hot beignets, close and shake. Take out and place on on a plate.
- Place the chocolate chips in a bowl. Scald the cream. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and gently stir to melt all the chocolate. Drizzle over the beignets when its room temperature, or slightly warm, but still liquid. If the glaze is hot, it will drip too much.