Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe, reportedly from the Middle East, was found on the internet!
- 9 medium beets
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 9.85 ml orange zest, minced
- 158.51 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, packed
- 88.74 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut beets into fourths.
- In an ovenproof 3-quart saucepan, place beets, oil & broth.
- Cover & bake 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beets are tender, then remove from oven.
- Stir in orange zest, orange juice & brown sugar.
- Cook over medium-high heat 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce is reduced & beets are coated with glaze.
- Stir in parsley & ginger & serve.
What a tasty and easy way to make beets! The hint of ginger was a very nice. Made as written, beets were not fork tender at 45 minutes and did roast another 20 minutes before glazing, will be making these again. Thanks for the post.
Excellent recipe! The only thing I did differently was to put the pan back into the oven in step 6 - I had the time (15 - 20 minutes) but not the burner space! Delicious & everyone loved these. Made with the last of my farmstand beets from Maine. *sniff* Made for the Aussie Swap 10/08.
I had already roasted some beets, so made the sauce and glazed the beets with it. Delicious way to eat beets. Thanks Syd! Made for the PRMR game.