1 hr 20 mins
Beetroot done this way is divine! Most people I find are so pleasantly surprised when they discover the gorgeous flavour of this dish. I lost count of the number of times I've written the recipe out for friends! It's a real winner! A 440g can of beetroot can be substituted for cooked beetroot - just drain and heat through in the sauce. The fresh beetroot takes a while to cook, but it's worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook beetroot in boiling salted water for about 1 hour or until tender.
- 2Drain and peel.
- 3Slice, or, using a melon baller, make small balls.
- 4Heat the sugar, vinegar, strained orange juice and butter in pan.
- 5Mix cornflour with water and stir into the orange juice mixture.
- 6Stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- 7Add beetroot and heat through.
- 8Transfer beetroot onto serving dish and pour over the orange sauce.
- 9Garnish with some of the orange peel VERY THINLY sliced and arranged on top.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beetroot With Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (774 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 27.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 22.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g