Beetroot Dip / Beet Dip
This was given to me by an Egyptian friend who said it's a family recipe. I like the fact it's doesn't contain dairy and nuts so it was perfect for Menu #24612 because we had a few guest who are lactose intolerant and have an allergic to nuts. You can chill the dip until it's needed. It will keep for two days in the refrigerator but the flavour will enhance
- Ready In:
- 2 (425 g) cans beetroots or 850 g beets, Drain
- 2 garlic cloves, Crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Discard all the liquid from the beetroot and beets can.
- Place all ingredients (drained beetroots/beets, garlic cloves, lemon juice, olive oil, coriander, cumin, sweet paprika, cinnamon sea salt and black pepper) in a blender and puree until it's smooth.
- Serve with warm pita bread, Turkish bread, white bread or flat bread. Enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious. I roasted the beets first (1 hour 15 minutes in a 350 oven), let them cool and slipped off the skins. Pureed in my Vitamixer - fluffy and beautiful texture and COLOUR!!! I only used one clove of garlic (very glad I did so, and I love garlic) and 1/8 tsp of the cinnamon, otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Perfect for vegan guests and pretty much everyone else too. Will def make this easy recipe again. Thank you!Reply
I think that something is missing in the recipe. The recipe gives the option of using canned beets or fresh beets.<br/><br/>Canned beets are cooked and soft while fresh beets (not cooked) are crunchy. I suggest that the recipe should mention that fresh beets should first be cooked prior to combining with the other ingredients in a food processor.Reply