This is both a vegetable side dish and a condiment, and goes with everything from pan fried fish to roast meats. The flavor of the puree is quite intense so you won't need to serve much more than a couple of tablespoons per person.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a pan then add the onion and garlic and cook for 6-8 mins until golden.
- 2Lower the heat and stir in the beets, vinegar and tomato paste.
- 3Cook gently for 15-20 mins until everything is sticky and caramelized. This can now be served as it is if you like.
- 4Pour in the broth and the cream and stir together. Tip into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- 5Serve straight away or reheat before serving.
Nutritional Facts for Beet Puree
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.9
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 125.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: