Silky Beet Puree With Kohlrabi - Vegetarian / Vegan!
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A rich and creamy tasting puree that doesn't use cream! Made this up the other day using items from our CSA share and was very pleased with the results.
- Ready In:
- 4 -5 medium beets, cut into thin slices
- 1 medium kohlrabi, sliced thin
- 1 -2 cup warm vegetable stock (depending on desired consistency of puree)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Fill a medium sauce pan with water and set to boil.
- Wash, peel and slice the beets and kohlrabi.
- When water comes to a boil, add beets and kohlrabi. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Drain vegetables and pour into a blender. Add vegetable stock, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- *If you do not have a blender you can return vegetables to the saucepan, add remaining ingredients and use an immersion blender instead.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION