Queen of Everything's Note:
I'm very picky when it comes to beets, but this is pretty yummy. Be careful when playing with beets...they stain everything!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub beets and boil until tender-crisp (about 10 minutes).
- 2Take out of water and slip skins off.
- 3Mix juices, vinegar, water, sugar, orange zest and cinnamon in a large pot and bring to simmer.
- 4Slice beets in egg slicer and drop into simmering liquid.
- 5Simmer until beets are very tender (about 5 minutes).
- 6Drop sliced red onion into liquid for last 2 minutes.
- 7Drain beets and onions and reserve 1//2 cup of liquid.
- 8Section oranges and place in bowl along with beets and onion.
- 9Combine reserved liquid with salt& fresh ground pepper.
- 10Drizzle oil in slowly while whisking.
- 11Toss dressing with beets onions and oranges.
- 13Serve over a bed of butter or baby lettuces.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet and Orange Salad
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.5
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 41.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of