Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm very picky when it comes to beets, but this is pretty yummy. Be careful when playing with beets...they stain everything!
- Scrub beets and boil until tender-crisp (about 10 minutes).
- Take out of water and slip skins off.
- Mix juices, vinegar, water, sugar, orange zest and cinnamon in a large pot and bring to simmer.
- Slice beets in egg slicer and drop into simmering liquid.
- Simmer until beets are very tender (about 5 minutes).
- Drop sliced red onion into liquid for last 2 minutes.
- Drain beets and onions and reserve 1//2 cup of liquid.
- Section oranges and place in bowl along with beets and onion.
- Combine reserved liquid with salt& fresh ground pepper.
- Drizzle oil in slowly while whisking.
- Toss dressing with beets onions and oranges.
- Serve over a bed of butter or baby lettuces.