Recipe by Aunty Dotty
I just nicked this straight from the Epicurious website and made it last night. Good strong flavours and quite garlicky. Do this in the pan or on the flat top of your BBQ. Original recipe called for 'hanger' steak - not knowing what that is I used some good looking scotch fillets and they were perfect. Surely any good steak will do! Preparation is marinating time.
Top Review by penderpirategirl
This recipe had fabulous taste, my family loved it! I had hoped it would tenderize the meat a bit, but it didn't do much in that direction. I added a bit of dried oregano also, and the flavor was amazing. I'd use it on any red meat.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dark lager beer or 1⁄2 cup beer
- 2 1⁄2 lbs trimmed steak, about 3 pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk first 7 ingredients together in a bowl, then whisk in the beer.
- Pour it into a big zip lock bag and add the steaks.
- Marinate - turning occasionally - for 1 day if possible. ( I only had 2 hours and it was still good.).
- Remove from marinade, shaking off excess and cook on a good hot skillet or BBQ.
- Once cooked to your liking, remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice steaks thinly across the grain, and arrange on a platter or on a good salad. Spoon any juices over and serve.