Recipe by Peg629
I found this recipe on Epicurious several years ago, it always satisfies. A little extra work is SOOO worth it in the end. Use a dark lager and get the good thick chops. Yummm-O Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups dark lager beer
- 1⁄4 cup coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons mild-flavored molasses (light)
- 1 cup ice cube
- 6 center-cut pork chops, 1-1/4-inch thick
- 7 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 2 cups water, beer, 1/4 cup coarse salt, sugar, and molasses in large bowl.
- Stir until salt and sugar dissolve.
- Stir in ice.
- Place pork chops in large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour beer brine over pork chops; seal bag.
- Refrigerate 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Remove pork chops from beer brine; pat dry.
- Mix garlic, pepper, 2 teaspoons salt, and sage in small bowl.
- Rub garlic mixture over both sides of pork chops.
- Grill pork chops until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of chops registers 145°F to 150°F, about 10 minutes per side, occasionally moving chops to cooler part of rack if burning.
- Transfer chops to platter; cover with foil, and let stand 5 minutes.