Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from Munkee
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 2 lbs chicken wings or 12 chicken wings
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F Line cookie sheet with foil.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, salt and beer with whisk. Add chicken wings; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes to brine.
- In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Drain chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Discard brine. Add chicken to bag; toss until evenly coated. Place chicken on cookie sheet.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter. Stir in pepper sauce. Heat to a simmer. Pour mixture over wings.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (165°F). If desired, shake extra pepper sauce over wings after baking.