Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Another recipe using my favorite ingredient: beer. This turns out to be extremely savory, so savor it! The addition of other vegetables like carrots or celery would probably enhance the dish, but when I made this I didn't have any on hand.
- 1⁄2 lb beef
- 1⁄4 sliced onion
- 1 potato, washed and diced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 ounces beer (I used Sierra Nevada Pale Ale)
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- 10 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon sofrito sauce
- Put everything in the crock pot.
- Mix everything up, make sure the beef is covered more or less covered with juice and onions.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours (I ended up cooking it for about 12 hours, the flavors probably meld together the longer it's cooked).
- Enjoy with a nice cold beer!