Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another great tailgating recipe - these are yummy hearty burgers! From "5-Ingredient Grilling"...
- 2⁄3 cup beer
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pretzel
- 2 tablespoons relish (dill)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine beer, pretzel crumbs, relish, and salt. Mix in ground beef, blending well. Shape into 8 patties.
- Grill over medium coals for 10-15 minutes or until desired doneness, turning halfway through. During last minute of grilling, toast the buns.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with ketchup, mustard, cheese, or whatever toppings you like!
These are very different and quite good! I made half the recipe using one lb of ground chuck. The beer flavor really comes through in a good way, and they are delicious with onions and a spot of spicy mustard. Next time I may sub onions for the relish. Thanks for posting! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
Thanks to Best of 2011 Cookbook Official Game I picked this recipe to try.
The flavor is really good. I was not sure about the beer but that is what made this recipe. For the beer I chose Blue Moon Winter Abbey ale, which is one beer I love to drink.
Looking forward to trying different beers with this.
My picture of this recipe did not come out. Since this is now a family favorite of ours I will be posting a picture of this soon.
Oh loof! These burgers are delicious! I cannot believe the amount of flavor I got from these.....however, I got the flavor using a charcoal grill and infusing the smokey taste by covering and letting the smoke seep in. II topped some with Havarti cheese and some with White American. Also added red leaf lettuce and onions as a topping. As i made them, this is a keeper burger recipe! Not sure how this would work out on a gas grill or cooked indoors, but outside on a smokey charcoal grill, these are absolute perfections. 5 stars!! Thanks so much for the recipe....definitely a make again recipe.