1/6 Photos of Beefy Refried Bean Soup
DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE TITLE! Your kids, hubby, wifey, and everyone will eat it. I have made triple batches and could not keep it in the house. It's very smooth, and easily eaten by anyone with or without teeth. :) Fights have started over the leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped or 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can peeled tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch cinnamon (optional)
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 cups beef stock
- salt and pepper
- 1Roughly chop the onion, pepper, and celery.
- 2Add the oil to a large stock pot and add the chopped vegetables, cooking until soft.
- 3Add the beef and cook until browned.
- 4Add the tomatoes and refried beans with the garlic, spices, and mix well.
- 5Stir in the stock (you can use bouillon cubes and omit some of the water to make this as a dip) and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 7Either use a stick blender or small batches into your food processor and puree the soup.
- 8Adjust the seasonings (I like mine A LOT spicier so I add more cayenne and some green chilies to the mix, sometimes a dash or two of Tabasco.).
- 9Serve with sour cream and tortilla chips.
- 10Freezes Well.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beefy Refried Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.5
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 692.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 20.7 g