Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A hearty winter soup, also a great way to use leftover roast. We serve this with a tossed salad and garlic bread. Prep time includes heating time. We always have a jar of jalapenos in the fridge, so the juice referred to is from that, not fresh.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons beef base
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 cups cooked cubed, lean roast beef
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno juice
- salt and pepper
- shredded mozzarella cheese (to garnish)
- In a large saucepan saute garlic, mushrooms and onion in butter until onion is tender; remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour and broth until smooth; add to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir until thickend, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Lower temp to a simmer.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Heat through.
- Garnish with mozzarella cheese.
Amazing soup! I new favortie in this house. Used up my left over christmas eve dinner roast beef. Just a great recipe over all. Thanks so much!
This was great! I didn't happen to have any leftover roast so I made it using two packages of ready to eat Hormel Roast Beef in Au Jus and it was easy and quick to put together. I froze some for another meal, Thanks!