Hearty and Delicious Beefy Chili Soup
I find that this soup works best with only the chili macaroni flavor Hambuger Helper. This is a hearty soup that should be served as a main meal, with recipe#105726 or crusty buns on the side! Adust the chili powder and chili flakes to suit taste.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili (or to taste)
- 2 -4 teaspoons dryed chili flakes (or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and finly chopped) (optional)
- 5 cups chicken broth (or use 3 cups broth and 2 cups water, or use all water)
- 1 (220 g) package Hamburger Helper mix for beef pasta (use Chili-Macaroni flavor for this)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn niblets (undrained)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced and black olives (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- sour cream (optional)
- In a pot cook the macaroni from the Hambuger Helper package in boiling water until just al dente; drain and set aside.
- In a large pot cook the ground beef with onion, garlic and bell pepper until no longer pink; drain fat.
- Add in chili powder, cumin, dryed chili flakes and jalapeno pepper (if using) cook stirring for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in broth powdered sauce mix from the Hamburger Helper and tomatoes with juice; cook uncovered over medium-low heat stirring occasionally for about 45 minutes (can simmer longer if desired the longer you simmer the soup uncovered the richer it will be!).
- Add in the cooked macaroni, undrained corn and olives, season with salt and pepper and simmer another 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Ladle into bowls and dollup with sour cream if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This was easy and delicious! I did have the Chili Macaroni Hamburger Helper on hand so I used that flavor. I used chipotle chili powder so I eliminated the cumin and the jalapenos all together. Also I left out the green pepper since all I had for corn was Mexicorn which already has red and green peppers in it. I thought the sour cream was a perfect way to cool the heat a bit. Thanks for sharing, this made a nice lunch. Nick's Mom