Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this out of a cook book in Germany. Its very easy to make. It goes well with a salad and warm bread.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 turnip, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a large skillet saute beef and onion in butter until browned.
- Add the potatoes, turnip, carrot, celery, caraway seeds, paprika, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Combine sour cream and flour add to skillet, stirring constantly. Heat through; do not boil.
- Serve from skillet immediatly, garnish with parsley.
Great for those of you who like German food.