- 1 lb sirloin steak, chilled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 green onions, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain into very thin slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sauté ginger in hot oil a large nonstick skillet over high heat 2 minutes or until tan-colored.
- Add minced garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add beef; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in soy sauce.
- Stir together beef broth and cornstarch
- until smooth. Drizzle over beef mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Add green onions, and, if desired, crushed red pepper; cook 1 minute. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice.