Recipe by I'mPat
From our local/state Sunday paper. We love recipes that are in a chilli plum sauce - a bit of fire with sweetness yummmmm. Have not included 1 hour marinating time in the times.
Top Review by Deantini
We really liked this flavour; a nice change from what we normally have in our marinades. I had 500 g flank steak but kept the sauce proportions the same which meant that I almost doubled it, anything less would have been too little for us. I used 1/2 cup plum sauce and 1/4 sweet chili sauce and added 1 tsk chili flakes instead of fresh chili. I marinated as instructioned and did not need any oil to grill in my non-stick pan. Served with basmati rice and asparagus. Just a beautiful dinner. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 chili (long red finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup plum sauce
- 800 g rump steak (trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the garlic, chilli, soyu sauce and plum sauce in a microwave safe jub.
- Place beef in a glass or ceramic dish and pour half the sauce mixture over beef and turn to coat and cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat and cook beef to your liking and then transfer to a plate, cover and set aside for 5 minutes to rest and then thinly slice.
- Microwave remaining sauce on medium for 2 minutes or until heated through or alternatively you could heat in a small pot on medium heat on the stove top.
- Arrange beef on a platter and serve with remaining sauce.