Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom's recipe when she was a Girl Scout leader and needed something tasty and quick for dinner on camping trips. Quick and easy. You can use instant rice, canned beans, canned corn.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 10 ounces frozen green beans
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- Thaw beans and corn.
- Brown ground beef with chopped onion in casserole dish.
- Add chili powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes, cooked rice, beans, and corn.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Salt and pepper to desired taste.
Delicious! This is a quick and easy weeknight meal that can be whipped up in no time. I did only a couple of things differently. First, I used fresh green and yellow beans that I had par-boiled, and also used fresh corn cut off the cob. I also added some fresh cilantro and cumin to the mix to suit adult tastes. I loved it, as did my goulash dis-liking husband! Great recipe to use up those left-overs in your fridge when you are in a hurry to eat after work. Thanks Obag and your Momma! Made for Aussie Swap :)
This was a quick and easy recipe, brought back memories of my GS camping days. I did add some spices to make it a little more exciting and next time I think I will try can green beans vs frozen, that is more of a personal perference than anything.