Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
A spicy little triangle of middle east flavours, I have entered the recipe as written, however I have prepared it using ground lamb or turkey when cooking for my non-beef eating friends! Source: Cooking Light
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄3 cup dried currant
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 15 phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Combine yogurt and mango chutney in a bowl; stir well, and set chutney sauce aside.
- Cook meat and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Drain meat mixture in a colander; wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel.
- Return meat mixture to skillet. Add currants and next 6 ingredients (currants through black pepper); stir well.
- Combine water and cornstarch; stir well, and add to the meat mixture.
- Cook over medium heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Working with 1 phyllo sheet at a time, cut each sheet lengthwise into 4 (3 1/2-inch-wide) strips; lightly coat strips with cooking spray (cover remaining phyllo dough to keep it from drying out). Stack 2 strips, and spoon about 1 tablespoon meat mixture onto one end of each stack. Fold the left bottom corner over mixture, forming a triangle; keep folding back and forth into a triangle to end of strip.
- Place triangles, seam sides down, on a baking sheet; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with chutney sauce.
- Serving size: 1 triangle and 1 1/2 teaspoons sauce.
This came out BETTER than expected, TRUE! Due to health, cannot use phyllo or dried currents too, Substituted dried apricots, fine dice, Came out VERY nice! OK, cut 6 in wholemeal tortilla is 4 strips about 3 inches apart, Was a bit fiddly from the start! In folding direction to continue to fold, This recipe to me is better than gold! Here's helpful hint, in case you do, I lightly oil sprayed outsides too, On baking paper so did not burn, For these again you WILL YEARN! Doesn't get any better than this, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED **** Do NOT give this recipe a miss!!! oh, baked them in 350F/180C as think lower temp, appealed to me! Slighytly golden, crunchy too! This sauce ROCKS!!! Hope you think too!