Recipe by C. Taylor
This is the perfect meal for that small amount of left over ground beef that remains after making burgers. I know it sounds weird, but this is so good. I came up with it one night when I had some leftover rice and a bit of ground beef in the fridge. Quick, easy and delicious. You can easily change the vegetables for whatever you have on hand. Measurements are approximate, and should work well being adjusted to whatever is in your fridge.
For the ground beef
- 149.68 g ground beef (I use 93%)
- 78.07 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml oil
For the rice
- 591.47 ml cooked rice (I like jasmine)
- 236.59 ml sliced mushrooms
- 118.29 ml sliced pea pods
- 236.59 ml of shredded cabbage
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 eggs (scrambled)
- 78.07 ml scallion (chopped)
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 59.14 ml oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick pan, heat the tbs. of oil and then cook the ground beef and garlic till meat is cooked through. Add the soy sauce, ginger and brown sugar, cooking till the sauce thickens. Set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan add 1 tbs.of oil and cook the vegetables and garlic. Once cooked, set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and heat. Add the cooked rice and stir till heated through. Add the scrambled eggs and the vegetables, mixing through.
- Finally add the ground beef making sure to also add the sauce. Mix thoroughly and enjoy.