Recipe by Abby Girl
This rub can be used on any cuts of beef, but I found that this one was excellent. Toasting and grinding the peppercorns is a worthwhile step that creates deep flavour. I used Cattle Boyz Barbecue Sauce, but any good quality sauce can be used instead.
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks
- barbecue sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub: Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add peppercorns and cook until fragrant. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a spice grinder; grind until fine. Combine peppercorns, salt, mustard, garlic powder and thyme in a small bowl.
- Rub peppercorn mixture evenly over steak. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Prepare grill.
- Grill steaks until cooked, brushing with barbecue sauce.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.