Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Originally from Cooking Light, this recipe is wonderful. Great for a special occasion! Prep time does not include time it takes to roast the garlic.
Top Review by Heidi C.
Thanks for this recipe!!! It was easy to make and tasted great.I have a DH that loves horseradish,so I went looking for a different way to fix beef roast,I came across this recipe. The horseradish mellows out some when cooked on the beef and tastes good with the garlic. Thanks again....
- 1 head garlic
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 lb) beef tenderloin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate cloves).
- Coat with cooking spray and wrap in foil.
- Bake for 1 hour; cool 10 minutes.
- Separate cloves and squeeze to extract garlic pulp.
- Discard skins.
- Mash garlic pulp and mix with horseradish, salt, basil, thyme and pepper until blended.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim fat from tenderloin; fold under 3 inches of small end.
- Rub garlic mixture over roast.
- Place tenderloin on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Insert meat thermometer into thickest portion of tenderloiin.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until thermometer registers 145 degrees (rare) to 160 degrees (medium).
- Place tenderloin on a platter and cover and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.