Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Originally from Cooking Light, this recipe is wonderful. Great for a special occasion! Prep time does not include time it takes to roast the garlic.
- 1 head garlic
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 lb) beef tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate cloves).
- Coat with cooking spray and wrap in foil.
- Bake for 1 hour; cool 10 minutes.
- Separate cloves and squeeze to extract garlic pulp.
- Discard skins.
- Mash garlic pulp and mix with horseradish, salt, basil, thyme and pepper until blended.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim fat from tenderloin; fold under 3 inches of small end.
- Rub garlic mixture over roast.
- Place tenderloin on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Insert meat thermometer into thickest portion of tenderloiin.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until thermometer registers 145 degrees (rare) to 160 degrees (medium).
- Place tenderloin on a platter and cover and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Thanks for this recipe!!! It was easy to make and tasted great.I have a DH that loves horseradish,so I went looking for a different way to fix beef roast,I came across this recipe. The horseradish mellows out some when cooked on the beef and tastes good with the garlic. Thanks again....