Juicy tenderloin, wine sauce, fresh herbs... I don't think it gets more perfect than this!
Make and share this Beef Tenderloin With Cabernet Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb beef tenderloin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fleur de sel or 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Rub meat with garlic & sprinkle with 1/8 t sea salt & pepper.
- Heat olive oil in heavy skillet. Sear meat over high heat 3 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Place in oven and roast 10-20 minutes to desired doneness, turning once.
- Combine wine with the herbs/veggies and bring to boil.
- Simmer over medium heat until reduced by half. Run liquid through mesh strainer to remove any large pieces.
- In small saucepan, heat broth over high heat 5-7 minutes until reduced by half.
- Combine borth & wine mixture.
- When meat is cooked, remove from pan and cover with foil.
- Pour any juices from pan in with broth mixture.
- Mix in butter and more salt & pepper if desired.
- Slice tenderloin, sprinkle with fleur de sel (or coarse sea salt) and pour sauce over. Serve.