1 hr 15 mins
Whenever a friend of mine from college comes to visit, we always stay in one night and cook a fabulous meal for ourselves. This was the product of one of our cooking extravaganzas. The sauce is absolutely fabulous, so make sure you have some bread on hand to soak it all up, or serve with mashed potatoes and use it as a gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 beef tenderloin fillets, sliced 1 in. thick
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 lb bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Burgundy wine or 1 1/2 cups chianti wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1/2 lb white pearl onion
- 8 -10 carrots, sliced 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1Heat 3 tbsp of oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Salt and pepper on both sides of . Brown in oil for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- 3In the same pan, sauté bacon for 5 minutes; remove. Drain fat from pan, reserving 2 tablespoons. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- 4Add wine and deglaze pan; cook on high for 1 minute. Add stock, tomato paste, thyme, 1 tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper.
- 5Boil uncovered for 10 minutes. Strain the mixture and return to pan. Add onion and carrot; simmer 20-30 minutes.
- 6Mash 2 tablespoons of butter and the flour into a paste; whisk into the sauce. Simmer 2 minutes to thicken.
- 7Meanwhile, sauté mushrooms in a separate pan until soft in 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil. Also crumble the cooked bacon.
- 8Add beef, mushrooms, and bacon to the pan with sauce. Cover and reheat gently for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tenderloin With Burgundy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.3
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 42.1 mg
- Sodium 749.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef tenderloin fillets