Recipe by Sharlene~W
This recipe is from Cooking Light magazine. It is also good on chicken breasts, shrimp, or pork tenderloin. I make the rub and cover the steaks with it before I stick them in the freezer for a make-ahead meal. When they are thawed they are ready to go straight to the grill.
- 4 (453.59 g) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
Creole Spice Rub
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml sage
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml ground red pepper
- 2.46 ml greshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rub ingredients. Rub evenly over steaks.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes on each or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.