Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
A no fuss special meal for two.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick) or 2 beef tenderloin fillets (1 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth or 2⁄3 cup beef broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon browning sauce (optional)
- In a skillet, heat oil and 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat is done as desired (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove to a serving platter and keep warm. To pan juices, add mushrooms, onions and remaining butter; saute until tender. Add flour, salt and pepper; gradually stir in broth until smooth. Add browning sauce if desired. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Spoon over the steaks. Serve immediately.