Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 12 mins
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 1⁄2 cups green onions, chopped (tops and bottoms)
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups jalapeno pepper cheese
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon crushed oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 or 10 inch spring form pan.
- In medium saucepan, combine broth, corn meal, garlic powder, paprika and olive oil.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer until very thick, stirring constantly.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- With back of spoon, press mixture up sides of pan to form a 1 1/2 inch rim.
- Set aside.
- Brown ground beef and onion together, drain.
- Reserve 1 cup of meat mixture for topping.
- Add 1/2 cup salsa, chili powder, cumin and red pepper.
- Simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Spoon evenly into prepared crust.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup salsa, olives, 1/2 cup cheese and 1 cup meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.