Crock Pot Beef Tamale Pie
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce (canned or fresh)
- 1 (6 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk (for muffin mix)
- 2 tablespoons oil (for muffin mix)
- 1 egg (for muffin mix)
- 1 cup colby cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup your favorite salsa
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a non-stick skillet, cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is cooked.
- Drain thoroughly and stir in the drained kidney beans and enchilada sauce.
- Pour into a 4-5 quart crock pot.
- In a large bowl, mix together corn muffin mix, milk, oil and egg just until combined.
- Next, add cheese and chiles, including the liquid from the chile can.
- Spoon over beef in crock pot.
- Cover crock pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the corn bread mixture comes out clean. In small bowl combine sour cream, salsa and cilantro; serve with pie.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I would like to welcome you to my recipes. I have been with Food.com since 10/05. My beloved husband, Tom, passed away 3 years ago. My world stopped. It's taken me all this time to find my way back to life without him. I have been so blessed to have found my second, once in a lifetime. I've met an amazing man who is so good to me. We moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Bullhead City, Az. in February, and we love it here. I have worked at Bally's and Paris hotel.casinos, in Las Vegas. I have seen some very famous entertainers, including Liza Minnelli, Penn and Teller, Ray Liotta, Dr. J (Julius Erving), Frank Sinatra and his wife Barbara Marx. and many, many more. Cooking is my passion, and I am slowly, but surely beginning to venture into the world of baking. To me, cooking is so much easier because baking is so much more exact. I love to make Italian and Mexican food the best, followed by Chinese and last, but by far the least, good old American food! How can you beat chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy?? I love to find several recipes and put my own spin on them and create a new recipe.