Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe has been in our family ever since I was a kid. It's my dads recipe and was passed down to me. This is my favorite way to prepare beef stroganoff and my family would also agree. I think you will too. Happy cooking!!!
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 6 slice bacon (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 453.59 g round steak (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 737.08 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 453.59 g wide egg noodles (Cooked according to directions on package)
- 29.58 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- In large pot, prepare egg noodles according to directions of package.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat.
- Add bacon and cook until lightly crispy.
- Add garlic and onion. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add round steak, paprika, salt, pepper. Cook until meat is lightly brown on the outside. Do not over- cook because it could make the meat tough.
- Add cream of mushroom soup and 1 can of water. Mix well, bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. (Stirring occasionally).
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Pour mixture over cooked egg noodles and serve while hot.
- Note: May add additional salt and pepper to taste. I like mine with a lot of pepper.
This is a very tasty recipe. My family just wanted to keep eating it even after we were all full! It did take longer than half an hour for the meat to be tender--more like an hour. I would love to try it in a slow cooker. Also, the recipe makes a little too much sauce for the amount of meat and onions in it. So, I have made these alterations: 8 - 10 pieces of bacon,1 1/2 - 2 lbs of round steak, a large onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 10 oz cans of soup (I prefer golden mushroom to cream of shroom), light sour cream to taste. Be sure to cook the onion and meat in the bacon drippings. The bacon and paprika give this such a unique and delicious flavor! This will be the beef stroganoff recipe I use from now on! Leeka, tell dad he did well!
Great tasting and easy recipe. I love the idea of using cream of mushroom soup. I omitted the bacon only because I was out of it, but next time I'll try it with the bacon. The paprika also gave off a great flavor. I'll definitely be making this again.