Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick, easy, delicious version of this classic.
- 1 lb round steak
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- Cut steak into thin strips.
- Brown meat and onion in vegetable oil on medium heat.
- Turn to low heat and add rest of ingredients, except noodles. Simmer about 30 minutes on low, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over egg noodles.
Tasty and easy- that sums up this dish! I too added flour to my steak as it browned and still ended up needing to use a little cornstarch with water to thicken the sauce up at the end. The sour cream made it a bit watery for my tastes. A simple meal with few ingredients- thanks for posting Hwin!
Wonderful beef stroganoff and is quick and easy!!! I used sirloin steak as it was what I had on hand. I followed this as written with a couple of changes, I first coated the sliced meat in seasoned flour and used a mixture of oil & butter for browning. I am not a fan of worcestershire sauce in my stroganoff, so I left it out and added a splash of red wine vinegar for tanginess. I served it over egg noodles along with corn and blueberry muffins!! Now I can't wait to enjoy the leftovers for lunch!! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Game.