Recipe by mell_2
This is more like a soup with tender morsels of beef. I have yet to try this recipe but it looked delicious.
Top Review by pdlsbtsy
I must wholly disagree with the other review. Any chef knows that beef rump is absolutely one of the worst cuts of meat to use. Try using cross rib roast and this recipe may be serviceable
- 1 liter vegetable stock or 1 liter chicken stock
- 450 g beef rump, washed and cut into slivers
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 star anise
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 115 g bean sprouts, remove tail and head cap
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, coarsely chopped (cilantro)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the stock into a large, heavy pan. Add the beef, garlic, chopped coriander roots, cinnamon sticks, star anise, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Skim off any form that rises to the surface of the liquid with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile, divide the bean sprouts among four individual serving bowls. Remove and discard the cinnamon sticks and star anise from the stew with a slotted spoon.
- Ladle the stew over the bean sprouts, garnish with the chopped scallions and chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) and serve immediately.