5 hrs 20 mins
From Dependable & Delicious slow cooker recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, removed from casings (or Italian sausage)
- 1 lb stewing beef, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, minced (optional)
- 28 ounces tomatoes, drained and chopped (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
- 1/2 cup condensed beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (19 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- green onion, finely chopped for garnish
- 1Preheat crockpot.
- 2In a large skillet cook sausage over med-hi until crumbled and no longer pink. Transfer to slow cooker. Drain all but 1 T. fat from pan.
- 3Add beef to pan and brown in batches. Transfer to slow cooker.
- 4Reduce heat to medium and add onions. cook until soft. Add garlic through habanero pepper to pan. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- 5Stir in tomatoes, reserved juice, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil.
- 6Pour mixture over meat in crockpot and stir well.
- 7Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or Hi for 4-5 hours.
- 8Add cheese and stir until it melts OR garnish with shredded cheese.
- 9Garnish with chopped green onions.
- 10NOTE: Habanero peppers are VERY HOT. I usually leave them out, however the original recipe calls for the. Use with caution!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef & Sausage Chili
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.0
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 113.0 mg
- Sodium 1304.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 45.0 g