Spicy Beef and Sausage Chili
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 lb good ground beef
- 1 (1 lb) package hot Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1 1⁄2 large onions, diced
- 7 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1⁄8 cup chili powder
- 4 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- In large pot/dutch oven brown beef. In skillet crumble sausage into 1 inch pieces and brown with 1-onion (reserve rest for topping) and garlic. Once beef is brown add chicken stock and spices. Cook until mixed well, add sausage, onions and garlic and combine. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce and simmer on low until you are ready to eat. The longer it cooks the spicier it will get. Also the longer it simmers the more flavor you get. Top with cheddar cheese and onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!