Recipe by VNess
A pretty simple way to satisfy your hunger for Indian food. Add spice as needed.
Top Review by mary winecoff
Great recipe! I made this exactly as written except that I cut the cayenne pepper in half. Still spicy enough for my boys. This was a quick and easy dinner. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef sirloin tip, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons ghee
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 T of ghee. Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, cayenne, coriander and cumin and cook for about 1 minute.
- Increase the heat to medium high and add the beef. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the onion, continuing to cook and stirring frequently until the onions have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and yogurt, stir well and bring mixture to slow boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 35-40 minutes, or until beef is very tender.
- In a small separate pan, melt remaining ghee and combine with garam masala. Stir well. Pour over the beef mixture and stir to combine. Serve hot with basmati rice or naan.