- 4 lbs beef eye round (very lean)
- 1 1⁄2 slices thick cut bacon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 small carrots, peeled with tops left on
- 8 large mushrooms, leave whole
- 2 slices sweet onions, 1/4 inch thick (such as Spanish, Vidalia, Walla Walla)
- 4 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed, leave skins on, score lengthwise
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slather the roast with the roast beef slather (recipe on Recipezaar), let rest 15 to 20 minutes, or spread with Dijon mustard.
- In the meantime, spray a roaster with veggie spray.
- Place the thick slices of onion beside each other in the middle of the roaster.
- sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, place the carrots, mushrooms and potatoes, pour olive oil over, just enough to moisten, stir to coat well.
- Sprinkle veggies with salt and pepper.
- Place the roast on top of the onion slices, cut the bacon into 3 or 4 slices and place on top of the roast, if using.
- Place the whole potatoes, one on each side and one at each end of the roast.
- Place the mushrooms and carrots in the remaining spaces.
- Cook roast and veggies in 400°F oven for 1 hour.
- Roast will be medium rare and potatoes will be fork tender.