Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy, Quick and delicious!! Everything in one roaster, serve with a green salad and rolls. Change the veggies to your liking, be sure they are similar in size. Have sour cream and chives ready for the potatoes. Roast Beef Slather goes really well on this roast.
- 4 lbs beef eye round (very lean)
- 1 1⁄2 slices thick cut bacon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 small carrots, peeled with tops left on
- 8 large mushrooms, leave whole
- 2 slices sweet onions, 1/4 inch thick (such as Spanish, Vidalia, Walla Walla)
- 4 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed, leave skins on, score lengthwise
- olive oil
- Slather the roast with the roast beef slather (recipe on Recipezaar), let rest 15 to 20 minutes, or spread with Dijon mustard.
- In the meantime, spray a roaster with veggie spray.
- Place the thick slices of onion beside each other in the middle of the roaster.
- sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, place the carrots, mushrooms and potatoes, pour olive oil over, just enough to moisten, stir to coat well.
- Sprinkle veggies with salt and pepper.
- Place the roast on top of the onion slices, cut the bacon into 3 or 4 slices and place on top of the roast, if using.
- Place the whole potatoes, one on each side and one at each end of the roast.
- Place the mushrooms and carrots in the remaining spaces.
- Cook roast and veggies in 400°F oven for 1 hour.
- Roast will be medium rare and potatoes will be fork tender.
I made this with the Beef Slather suggested, and it just didn't do it for us! It was good, but I've had better! :O)
This recipe deserves every star possible and then some!! Excellent "slather" and the roasting instructions were perfect for a medium rare roast. Loved it very much!!
This was great! I omitted the bacon because I forgot to buy some while at the grocery store but will try it next time. The Slather was well worth it. I'd never heard of "slather" before and I won't make another roast without it again.