Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Baking time is estimated. Sometimes it varies, depending on the roast.
- 1814.36 g boneless beef chuck roast
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 9.85 ml parsley
- 4.92 ml celery seed
- 1.23 ml thyme
- 1.23 ml basil
- 709.77 ml water
- 2 onions, wedged
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 6 potatoes, cut in 4 ths
- Place roast in large roaster pan.
- Combine next 6 ingredients; sprinkle over roast.
- Place onions around roast.
- Pour water in pan.
- Bake tightly covered, at 350* for about 3-1/2 hours until roast is almost tender.
- Add more water if needed.
- Add carrots and potatoes; bake for 1-1/2 hour more, until vegetables are tender.
- Baste roast and vegetables with juices.
- Thicken with flour and water mix if desired.
Oh my goodness!I actually made a delicious roast!Followed recipe to the letter!Thanks!
I add a light sprinkle of garlic powder and a light sprinkle of white pepper. For au jus...add one cup of water.
I used a 2.5lb roast,cooked for 2.5 hours. I added 1 cup of beer in place of one of the 3 cups water.Plus 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.It was great, one of the most tender beef roast I have had in a long time.