Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A deliciously tasty and hearty meal that will serve 8, so it's great for an easy dinner party main meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 750 g beef gravy (gravy or casserole cut into 3cm pieces)
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine
- 800 g diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 500 g dried fettuccine pasta
- 20 g butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Brown beef in batches over high heat and remove from pan. Reduce heat, add carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add wine, bring to boil and scrape base of pan to loosen sediment. Cook until wine has almost evaporated, return beef to pan with tomatoes, stock and bay leaves. Season to taste. Cover and cook over low heat for about 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
- When ready to serve, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add fettuccine and cook according to packet instructions. Drain and return to pan with butter and parsley. Toss until butter has melted. Divide between serving plates and spoon over sauce.
Very easy to make. I especially liked the fettucine with the parsley & butter. It really complimented the beef. Thanks for a 'keeper. :)
Out of this world! Thanks, for putting this recipe in. I just finished supper and it was outstanding. I left out the beef stock (accidentally), but didn't miss it. There was plenty of juice from the tomatoes and it was scrumptious.