Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very delicious dish. From: southerfood.about.com
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups cubed cooked beef
- 1 cup diced cooked cooked potato
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, with liquid
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup gravy (purchased or leftover)
- Heat butter in a heavy skillet over low heat; saute' onion and celery until tender.
- Stir in flour until smooth and bubbly. Add remaining ingredients; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into an 8-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Cover with pie crust; seal and crimp edges and cut several small slits in top to vent.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes until nicely browned.