Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Aunt first made this for me as a teen. I still crave it every now and then. It is a very basic recipe that you can have fun "playing" with.
- Combine rice mix from box with ground chuck and egg.
- Season with garlic powder, season salt or just plain salt and pepper if you wish.
- Shape this mixture into 20 1 1/4 inch meatballs.
- In a large skillet in a small amount of oil, brown meatballs over medium high heat.
- Slowly stir in water and special seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked.
- You may thicken gravy if desired.
I made this tonight, but made it my own way. I used the rice, but I also chopped up an onion to add to the meat, as well as salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and parsley. I also added maybe a tablespoon of V8 Tomato Juice. After forming into balls and browning, I added water, and instead of the beef flavor packet, I used a can of Cream of Mushroom soup. I let it simmer for the time said, and added a little flour to thicken up the gravy. Was SOO good! Served with mashed taters and broccoli and cauliflower in asiago and Parmesan cheese sauce!
Delicious ! My Husband and I had these meatballs for dinner tonight. There was a bit of work forming and browning them but they were entirely worth it. I was concerned about the rice being done but it was tender and delicious. I would highly recommend. Thank you for this recipe.
I loved the ease of this recipe and the flavor was really great. I followed the recipe exactly and they came out perfectly. Everyone who tried them wanted the recipe! Thanks girl for another "keeper"!