Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe found on All British Food.com for Scotland and I am posting it for ZWT6. I made one change as it has an ingredient I have never heard of (ginger wine), so I changed it to red wine, which goes well with beef and mushrooms.
- 4 steaks (fairly thick-cut for stuffing)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 ounces mixed mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, skinned and crushed
- 1 large onion, skinned and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Using a sharp, pointed knife, make a horizontal cut in each steak without cutting all the way through. Season to taste.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and lightly cook the mushrooms, garlic and onion for 5 minutes, until softened. Remove from the heat.
- Add the parsley, red wine, breadcrumbs and cream. Mix together well.
- Generously fill each pocket of the steaks with the stuffing and use some toothpicks to help keep stuffing in the steaks.
- Grill the steaks for 5 - 15 minutes, until the meat is cooked to taste.
- Serve with potatoes and salad for a wonderful meal!
This steak was delicious and especially loved the mushroom filling. Thanks for sharing, made for ZWT8 Bistro Babes!