Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The amount of pepper in this soup depends on the cook!!
Make and share this Beef Pepper Pot Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb short rib of beef or 1 lb beef shanks
- 2 quarts water
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large sweet bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced potato
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- salt and pepper
- Put meat, water, and onions in a heavy soup kettle.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 hours.
- Remove meat, let cool, and discard bones, returning meat to pot.
- Stir in remaining vegetables and simmer, partially covered for 1 1/2 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper.