Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This pasta and beef casserole is sure to become a family favorite.
- 453.59 g dry penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 226.79 g lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 473.18 ml water
- 2 (340.19 g) can tomato paste
- 78.07 ml red wine or 78.07 ml water
- 14.79 ml instant beef bouillon
- 473.18 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook beef and onion in large saucepan stirring occasionally until beef is no longerpink.
- Add water tomato paste wine and boullion; cck stirring occasionally for 15- 20 minute.
- Layer in ungreased 13 x 19 inch baking dish 1/2 paste 1/2 sauce 1/2 cheese.
- Repeat layers cover and bake for 20-25 min or until heated through and cheese is melted.
It was tasty, but ours turned out quite dry.
I really enjoyed this, however I did make a few substitutions. I used ground turkey instead of beef and I added some roasted garlic to it while I browned it with the onion. I also found that it was a little bland so next time I definitely think I might add some salt, pepper, and maybe even some Itilian seasoning to the tomato paste mixture. I also didn't layer mine. Instead I just mixed everything together and then sprinkled some extra cheese on top and baked it. It was a huge hit! Thanks for posting!