1/1 Photo of Beef or Chicken Fajitas
1 hr 15 mins
Chef #459270's Note:
I developed this marinade for fajitas when the local grocery store quite carrying my favorite marinade. The longer you marinade, the better they are! I have never measured my ingredients, I just dump and taste. Ingredient measurements may be changed to suite taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 dried chipotle chile
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (fresh is great!)
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts or 2 lbs steak or 2 lbs chuck roast
- green pepper, as many as desired
- onion, as many as desired
- 1Mix all ingredients, set aside 1/4 cup. Marinade chicken or steak at least 3 hours in remaining marinade (the longer you marinade, the better the flavor).
- 2Heat the barbecue grill! Grill your meat until tender (don't overcook, meat will be dry). When the meat is done, slice into desired sized pieces for your fajitas.
- 3Slice green peppers and onions into desired sized pieces and place in a sheet of alumumin foil that is large enough to wrap your veggies in, add remaining marinade. Wrap up tightly in foil and place on grill. Cook until tender (20-30 min.).
- 4Serve with warm flour tortillas, sour cream, salsa, cheese, anything your heart desires!
- 5I found that fresh pico de gallo works great.
- 6Pico De Gallo.
- 74 fresh tomatoes, diced.
- 82-3 jalpenos (to suite your taste), diced, remove seeds except for one.
- 91/2-1 onion, diced.
- 101-2 T garlic, diced (to suite your taste).
- 111 T cilantro (preferably fresh).
- 12Dash of lime juice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef or Chicken Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.3
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 113.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: