Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This looks to be a quick to assemble, yummy recipe. Comes to you from my better homes recipe card collection. Prep time is a guess as I have not made it yet.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese (16oz)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces medium noodles, cooked and drained (3 cups)
- Cook beef, onion and pepper in skillet until meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Blend cottage cheese and cream cheese together until fluffy.
- Spoon noodles into grease 10x6x2 inch baking dish (or use any size that you have that this will fit in).
- Spread cheese mixture over noodles.
- Pour meat sauce on top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
Easy and a good one for kids. I used rotini (corkscrew shaped) noodles. I also added minced garlic to the meat mixture. I sprinkled some shaved parmesan cheese on top during the last 10 minutes of baking. Nice weeknight casserole. Thanx!
Another winner with the kids. I liked the cheese mixture it was really creamy. The green pepper added a lot of flavor to the casserole. I glad I did not add the garlic I was thinking about as this is fine just as written. I baked it at 375 for 30 minutes and it turned out perfect. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game