Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you prefer extra spicy add in 1-2 teaspoons dryed chili flakes when cooking the ground beef.
Top Review by Lainey39
These are wonderful. They are so cute and pretty simple to make. I only had a nacho cheese soup so I used that and it complemented them nicely. I used the new Pillsbury Recipe Creations dough so it was even easier because there were no perforations. I did have a lot of leftover filling. I expected some since I had a little over a pound of ground beef. However, I am freezing the remaining to use in this recipe again or to make tacos. The filling is very good!
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh minced garlic
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- seasoning salt
- 9.85 ml chili powder (or to taste)
- 9.85 ml cumin (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese (can use more)
- 283.49 g can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluited
- 118.29 ml milk
- 226.79 g can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef with onion, garlic and green bell pepper (if using) until beef is browned; drain fat.
- Add in salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin and oregano and Parmesan cheese; cook stirring for 2 minutes longer; remove the skillet from heat.
- In a bowl whisk together the cheese soup and milk; set aside.
- Separate the crescent dough into 4 rectangles; press perforations together firmly.
- Roll each rectangle to 8x4 inches.
- Cut each rectangle in half crosswise to form 8 (4-inch) squares (use a pizza cutter for this!).
- Spoon about 1/4 cup beef mixture into center of each square.
- Lift 4 corners of the dough up over the filling to meet in the center; pinch and twist firmly to seal.
- Place the squares into the prepared baking dish.
- Drizzle the soup/milk mixture around the squares in the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for about 20-25 minutes, or until the crusts are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the grated cheese over each square and return to oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese melted.